Monday, August 18, 2008

Hadoken!

So, as you may or may not know, Street Fighter is 20 years old this year.

Yeah, I know, this fact sent me straight to the mirror looking for crow's feet too.

At any rate, to celebrate this momentous anniversary, and possibly stave off any uncomfortable self reflections it may dredge up, UDON, that notorious Toronto art collective is releasing a huge anthology art book of various artists' interpretations of the SF characters and their world. It's entitled Street Fighter Tribute and you can learn more about it here.

Why am I shilling for UDON and their book? Because I'm in it. See pic above. I was a total Street Fighter II fiend as a kid (although I pretty much sucked at it --no taste for blood, me) so I jumped at the chance to contribute, and decided to do a re-interpretation of the fight between Chun Li and Vega (or Balrog for the hardcore) as seen in the first SFII animated film, a sequence that's totally stayed with me over the *choke* years.

And yes, I do know that Chun Li doesn't actually hadoken, you nerds...

No comments: